Dato(er) - 24/10/2017
17:00 - 20:00
Copenhagen City Hall
Organizer: International House Copenhagen
Would you like to make your opinion count, when it comes to schools, jobs, safety, leisure time, etc.? Would you like to know more about the Danish political system, and how you can play a part?
Local and regional elections will take place on Tuesday November 21. As an international newcomer you may be able to vote. Join us at the pre-election night October 24!
This evening will give you a unique opportunity to learn about the Danish political system and electoral process before the upcoming municipal and regional elections. The event is especially relevant if you live in Copenhagen.
You will also get the chance to meet some of the politicians running for the Copenhagen municipal election as they present their platforms and views on Copenhagen as an international city and take questions from the audience.
- Introduction to the Danish political system and electoral process
- Meet political candidates for the upcoming Copenhagen municipal election as they present their platforms and views on Copenhagen as an international city
- Questions from the audience
- Networking and sandwich
You can vote for the local and regional elections November 21, if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age;
- Are a resident in the City of Copenhagen (or in the Region if you want to vote in the Regional election), and;
- Are a citizen of one of the other EU Member States, Iceland or Norway, or;
- Have been residing in the Kingdom for a period of three years prior to the election.
The event is – of course – free and in English.
For more info and sign-up, click here.